If you love lemonade or limenade, you will absolutely love the taste and flavor of honey lime lip gloss.
In this recipe, the honey will be used as a natural humectant, which means it attracts and retains moisture. The sweetness of honey will also gives a sweet and pleasant smell and flavor to this lip gloss.
The lime is a rich source of Vitamin C and antiseptic, thus making it a great active ingredient to protect the lips from the sun and neutralizes free radicals.
To provide softening and soothing effect to the lips, a few drop of almond oil will also be used. The almond oil will also provide the glossy feel to the lip gloss.
The final ingredient to this recipe would be Vitamin E, which is essential to help the lips look younger by reducing the appearances of fine lines.
To make this delicious lip gloss, you will need the following:
1 tablespoon of sweet almond oil
1 teaspoon of honey
1 drop of vitamin E oil
5 drops of lime essential oil
2 teaspoon of beeswax
- Mix the beeswax and sweet almond oil into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for two minutes or until the mixture just begins to boil.
- Take the mixture out and add in the Vitamin E and lime essential oil into the mixture. (Caution: The lip gloss is very hot)
- Next, add in the honey. Cool mixture for five minutes.
- Stir again and set aside to cool completely.
- When cool, transfer into a small portable plastic container or tin.