Summer is the perfect time to savor delicious [tag]berry desserts[/tag]. In Australia, the berries are in season. This means you can find strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries in abundance and at lower price :)
I always love seasons like this because I can enjoy my berries to the fullest. Not only these little fruit with vibrant colour is tasty but they are also highly packed with anti-oxidant. Antioxidants are vital to our health as it helps to neutralize free radicals in our bodies and may slow processes associated with aging.
Nutritionists recommend that we consume around 5,000 ORAC units per day to significantly impact antioxidant activity in the body and reduce free radical damage but in reality, many people struggle to eat the recommended amount.
I reckon the easiest way to consume your antioxidants is through delicious desserts. This is because everyone loves dessert and sweet-mouth-watering-super-good-tasty desserts are too hard to resists.
One of my favorite desserts is this deliciously simple Berry Dessert recipes:
What you will need:
- 2 cups of fresh strawberries
- 1 to 2 cups of blueberries
- 1 cup of raspberries
- 1/2 to 1 cup of low-fat yogurt
- 4 small scoops raspberry or strawberry sherbet (optional)
1. Wash berries; hull and slice strawberries.
2. In a dessert dish, brandy snifter, or other glass, put a scoop of sherbet.
3. Spoon strawberries and blueberries over the sherbet, then top with a few tablespoons of yogurt or whipped topping.
4. Repeat to make 4 to 6 servings.
This dessert will make any summer get-together fun and tasty!
Powered by Facebook Comments