My post on Goji Berries has inspired me to explore more on Chinese Medicinal Soup and Beverages. It is absolutely amazing how Chinese herbs can do wonders to the body.
Since the influenza season is near, I am sure that you would want to prevent yourself from the flu. With that, the traditional Chinese medicine that is often use to to aid in recovery from influenza is the Chrysanthemum Tea. Because of its “cooling” properties, this tea can also aid in the prevention of sore throat and promote the reduction of fever.
To prepare the tea, you will need:
- 10 – 20 Golden Chrysanthemum Tea
- 1 – 3 teaspoon of honey or rock sugar
- 3 cups (850ml) of water
- Wash and drain chrysanthemum flowers.
- Add 10 – 20 yellow chrysanthemum flowers into teapot.
- Add 1 – 3 teaspoon of honey or rock sugar. ***
- Pour boiling water on to content.
- Allow tea to stand for 5 minutes.
- Pour tea into cup and allow to cool slightly before drinking.
*** To add a bit of variation, you can add a few Goji berries into the tea too. This would definitely increase the medicinal value of this tea
Powered by Facebook Comments