Allergies are year-round nuisances and if you’re one of the nearly 40 million people who will sneeze and sniffle their way through the next few months, here are a few simple home hints to help keep sneezes at bay:
1. Keep the house cool and dry to reduce the presence of dust mites and mould, as they thrive in warm and humid conditions
2. Wash bedding once a week in hot water and tumble in a hot dryer for at least 30 minutes to eliminate dust mites. Wash blankets monthly, and quilts and pillows every two months.
3. Use exhaust fan when showering.
4. Limit the number of places dust can gather by replacing curtains with vertical blinks, and storing books and ornaments in glass cabinets.
5. Ensure all carpets, rugs and upholstered furniture are vacuumed once a week.
6. Remove soft toys from your child’s bedroom or wash weekly, as they are perfect breeding grounds for dust mites.
Powered by Facebook Comments