I love savoring the warm delicious blueberry pancake during breakfast. It is such a delightful meal to kick start the day.
The whole wheat blueberry pancake is healthy and easy to make. Even a kid can cook it!
The preparation time is about 20 minutes and you need the following ingredients:
3/4 c. wheat flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/4 c. skim milk
1/2 c. white flour
2 tbsp. sugar
1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
3/4 c. fresh of frozen blueberries
- In a large bowl, sift together the wheat flour, white flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set the bowl aside.
- Crack the egg into a medium-size bowl, then add the skim milk.
- Whisk until everything is well mixed.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture. Whisk again until both mixtures are blended together.
- Put a layer of vegetable oil in the saucepan and heat it on the stove top on medium heat.
- Use a measuring cup or a small ladle to spoon the batter into the pan. Put some blueberries on top of each pancake.
- Cook your pancake on medium heat until small bubbles appear on the top.
- Use a spatula to see when your pancakes are light brown on the bottom. When they are, flip them over with the spatula.
- Cook for another few minutes until the pancakes are light brown on the other side.
- Remove your pancakes and put them on plates to enjoy!
This pancake is versatile. It can compliment various topping to your liking such as powdered sugar, yogurt, cinnamon, maple syrup, jelly or fruit on top.
For me, I like it with blueberries and maple syrup…. *Yum*...
Powered by Facebook Comments