by Nick Mutt
Beauty is one of the popular topic people talk about. Rather than using synthetic cosmetic products people prefer homemade herbal cosmetics to keep them young for longer time. These herbal cosmetics are not only inexpensive but also effective and safe. This article discusses two useful homemade herbal beauty tips that are very useful in our daily life.
Herbal Beauty tips 1 – Natural method to make hair dark
Usually hair turns grey with age but nowadays we often see young people with the problem of grey hair. In case of premature graying, open air, exercise, massage of the scalp, dietary regimen and ingestion of the raw vegetables is recommended.
There are so many methods to make hair dark but natural methods should be preferred. Henna is one of the methods to make hair dark or brown and no doubt it is good for hair conditioning.
Recently, a plant Salvia Officinalis can be used to darken the hair. In this method 15 grams of Salvia Officinalis is taken into one liter water. Steep leaves in water for two hours then strain. Pour over hairs and leave on for half an hour then rinse out.
Herbal Beauty tips 2 – Fragrant herbal bath
Our body usually gets tired due to hectic working schedules and wants some relaxation at weekends to energize for the coming week. So below is an herbal homemade recipe for fragrant herbal bath that not only will give immediate relief to the tired muscles but also to the rheumatism problem.
Take the following ingredients – Humulus lupulus (450 g), Thymus serpyllum (25 g), Salvia Officinalis (25 g) and Lavender (25 g). Put the ingredients into a muslin bag and tie securely. Hang the bag from the hot tap while the bath is running, so that the hot water passes through it, extracting the natural oils and fragrance of the herbs. This bath will help relax tired muscles and relieve rheumatism.
Most popular herb for skin care – Aloe (Aloe Vera)
Aloe vera is an important ingredient of many beauty cosmetics and skin lotions. The parts used are gel from the succulent leaves and aloe juice. Some of its significant properties are demulcent, antibacterial, antibiotic, source of allantoin; useful for healing cuts and wounds, as analgesic for mild pain, and for soothing sunburn.
Medicinal uses of Aloe vera
- The gel of aloe is used with milk in dysentery and kidney infection.
- In case of enlarged spleen, juice of the leaf with powdered turmeric is given.
- It is anthelmintic and good medicine for kid’s intestinal worms.
- In case of chronic fissures and ulcers around the rectum, aloe is largely used both internally and externally.
- The fresh juice of aloe leaves is useful in fever, spleen and liver diseases and enlarged lymphatic glands.
- Dissolved in water of roses it is used in various eye troubles.
- It is used for colitis, diarrhea and digestive disorders
- A piece of the pulp which is peeled to the size of ½ a finger is inserted into the rectum in hemorrhoids and bleeding piles.
- Peptic and duodenal ulcers can be cured by taking one pint blended gel at regular interval daily.
You can take care of your skin naturally through herbs and spices easily available in your kitchen or garden.
Disclaimer: This article is not meant to provide health advice and is for general information only. Always seek the insights of a qualified health professional before embarking on any health program.
about the author
About the Author
you may also like...
Powered by Facebook Comments