With so much information around, it is hard to know what is true and what is not. It is hard to know if people are trying to sell us on a product or if they truly care about our health. One thing that is for sure is that the world we live in is, unfortunately, becoming more [tag]toxic[/tag] everyday. Most farmers in the U.S. and many big companies care more about making money then they do about our health. Dr. Colbert says in his book “The seven pillars of health” that there are about eighty thousand chemicals registered in the US which are used in food, prescription and OTC drugs, supplements, household products, personal products, and lawn care products.
Since there are so many [tag]chemicals[/tag] around us, it is important to at least TRY to eliminate some of those toxins so we can live healthier in this toxic world. Chemicals go into our body by inhalation, application on our skin or by consuming it in food, drinks or supplement form. Here are some tips on how to avoid toxins, though you can’t avoid them entirely:
• Use housecleaning and personal use products that are made with natural ingredients. Many detergents, multipurpose cleaners, skin care products and body care products are made with so many chemicals that we are intoxicating ourselves. That is why we get so many headaches, allergies, skin diseases, respiratory infections, etc. Make sure you choose to use products that enhance your [tag]health[/tag]; products that are made with natural ingredients.
• When it comes to eating, make sure you eat foods that are packed with nutrients. Skip the white bread, the high-sugared beverages and junk food, highly processed foods and the other foods and beverages that offer absolutely no nutrition to you. Start eating whole grain breads, lots of chemical-free fruits and veggies (organic), as well as beverages that are made with whole foods and are not loaded with sugar.
• When it comes to supplements, make sure you choose a whole food supplement and not ones that have dyes and artificial sweeteners. Choose your [tag]supplements[/tag], and that of your [kids, very carefully. Just because the bottle says it is the brand preferred by doctors and/or pediatricians, doesn’t mean that it is the best one for you or your children. Make an informed decision as to what supplement you and your family take.
• When you exercise, make sure you don’t do so in an area where there are a lot of cars. If you do so, you will be inhaling a lot of fumes and intoxicating your body.
• Just as you know that smoking is bad for you health, stay away also from second-hand smoke which is just as dangerous.
• Drink lots of filtered water. To know how much water to take in daily, Dr. Colbert suggests that you take your weight in pounds and divide it by two. Drink that much in ounces. For example, if you weigh 120 pounds, then you should drink 60 ounces of water of clean, filtered water (not tap water)
• Keep your liver in good condition. If your liver is functioning properly, it will help protect you from environmental toxins. Detoxify it regularly and maintain adequate amounts of antioxidants in your body to help support it. If you have never detoxified you liver, make sure you do it now. I can't emphasize enough the importance of detoxifying. There are several good herbal programs that can help you do that. Do your research and choose a good program, preferably one that contains pure [tag]essential oils[/tag] since these have been proven to help bind the heavy metals that are in your liver so you can eliminate them.
• Keep your colon in good condition as well. The colon is the organ that receives the toxins from the [tag]liver[/tag] and then dumps it out of our body. Make sure you eat and adequate amount of fiber each day, both soluble and insoluble. You need 25 to 30 grams a day to keep the toxins moving properly through your colon, so aim towards that.
About the Author
Mirdza Hayden is passionate in organic living and she has been helping people lead healthier lives. Visit her website and learn how to lead a healthier life through healthy tips and wholesome recipes. http://www.MirdzasHealthSite.com
you may also like...
Powered by Facebook Comments