Serve With: Kimberly’s Creamed Cheese Icing
Prep Time: ~ 15 min
Cook Time: 1 hr.
Yield: 1 cake
Nutrition Facts: Please use organic ingredients whenever possible.
2 1/2 cups Carrots – Grated
3 large Eggs
1 cup Sugar
1 tbsp Heavy Cream
3/4 cup Oil – Vegetable or Peanut
1 1/2 cups Flour – Organic all-purpose
1 2/3 tsp Baking Powder
3/4 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
* 1/2 cup Pecans or Walnuts – * Optional – Coarsley ground
* 3/4 cup Raisins – * Optional – I prefer golden.
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Grate carrots and set aside.
3. In mixing bowl, beat eggs well until thick and lemony in color. Add sugar and heavy cream, and beat well.
4. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
* Tip: Add raisins and/or nuts to the flour mixture, if desired.
5. Mix in flour mixture and carrots to egg mixture until barely incorporated.
6. Pour entire mixture into greased pan (either loaf pan, bundt pan or cupcake cups).
7. Tap gently to release air bubbles.
8. Bake cake in preheated oven for 1 hr (less for cupcakes) or until toothpick comes out clean.
9. Top with Kimberly’s Creamed Cheese Icing
10. Enjoy with milk!!!
Kimberly is the author of CookingWithKimberly.com. She has a degree in Pre-Medicine, as well as many minors, and is almost finished a Physical Education degree as well.
She has always been interested in health and the environment, and is passionate about organic living.
Kimberly also co-authors Natural-Weight-Loss-Tip.com and BlogNButter.com/health with her husband, Kenneth.
Powered by Facebook Comments