With all of the amazing organic ingredients at hand in our grocery stores nowadays, I was inspired to ‘pump up’ my traditional cranberry sauce for this Holiday season…Enjoy!
Serve With: Thanksgiving or Christmas Dinner
Prep Time: ~ 8 min
Cook Time: ~ 20 min
I use organic ingredients when making this sauce!
1 bag fresh cranberries – Fresh or Frozen, but washed – Make sure to pick out the bad ones.
1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice – Organic is best!
1 cup cane sugar – Organic is best!
1. Wash cranberries in a colander, and discard undesirable ones.
2. In a medium or large saucepan, combine water, cane sugar, and pomegranate juice.
3. Over medium heat, stir until sugar dissolves.
4. Add cranberries to sweetened liquid and bring to a boil. Cook until the skins of the cranberry have almost all finished breaking or ‘popping’.
* Tip: Keep a top on, except for periodic stirring, to keep your kitchen from being splattered red!
5. Remove pot from heat, and pour cranberry sauce mixture into a bowl to cool and thicken.
* Tip: You may put this in the fridge to cool more quickly.
Kimberly is the author of CookingWithKimberly.com. She has a degree in Pre-Medicine, as well as many minors, and is almost finished a Physical Education degree as well.
She has always been interested in health and the environment, and is passionate about organic living.
Are you seeking for a fitness advice purely based on a diet plan? Then you should visit vitamin world online where plenty of websites offer health advisory services free of cost. There are a few nutritional elements i.e. selenium that is required in smaller amounts but are essential for a healthy body. Another essential dietary intake is coral calcium that is good for bone development.
Powered by Facebook Comments