There are many reasons for your skin to become oily for e.g. hereditary, pregnancy, environment, food we eat and many others. Those with oily skin are prone to pimples and dark shadows. Therefore, it requires frequent cleaning, say thrice a day at least. It is also utmost important to avoid greasy food (e.g. fried chicken, french fries).
So, if you have oily skin, remember to:
1. Drink plenty of water at least 8-10 glasses per day.
2. Avoid smoking
3. Have a healty and balanced diet. Greasy food is a definite no-no.
4. Clean your face frequently, especially at night before retiring with some good quality cleansing milk. Use of hot water more often as it is a great solvent. The first step of having an oil-free skin is to clean your face with gentle face wash to remove excess oil and dirt. Wipe your face with astringent lotion as it is a fat and grease solvent. The astringent should have acetone and should also be alcohol free. Later apply a watery moisturizer to keep your skin smooth. Remove excess moisturizer by dabbing a tissue over it.
5. Do not put on make-up.
6. Cleansing the pores with steaming once a week is an effective method to keep the skin greaseless. Use a face-pack after steaming.
Oily Skin also need lots of pampering and nutriets, therefore OrganicPassion has compiled a list of natural home remedies for oily skin:
1) Make a puree of fresh tomatoes, apply to the skin
2) Mix half teaspoon honey with egg white and one teaspoon lemon juice. Add fuller’s earth or brewer’s yeast powder. Mix into a paste and apply. Remove after 20 minutes with water.
3) Egg Mask: Blend 1 egg white, 1 teaspoon camphor spirit, 1 tablespoon skim milk powder and a drop of mint essential oil. Before applying the mask, apply odorless castor oil. Apply the mask, keep it for 15 minutes; wash off with warm water, then rinse with an apple cider vinegar and water solution or with hazel.
4) Blend 1/2 cup cooked oatmeal, 1 egg white, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1/2 cup mashed apple into a smooth paste. Apply this paste on your face for 15 minutes, later rinse it. Do not use if there are eruptions.
5) Mix one tablespoon youghurt with fuller’s earth and apply. Youghurt itself can be applied o the face. It helps to soften the skin and restores the natural acid mantle.
6) Make a pulp of raw papaya and apply. Papaya has a cleansing action, softening dead skin cells and aiding their removal.
7) You can apply mud packs or clay masks on your face which helps in soaking oil from the skin. This may provide a temporary relief as the long term effects is inconclusive.
8) Grate a cucumber and keep it in the fridge. Apply this grated chilled cucumber on your face for 15 minutes. Use this at least twice a week for a clean and clear face.
9) Cucumber can also be used in juice form mixed with lemon juice. Apply this mixture half-an-hour before you take a bath. The proportion would be 1/2 a tsp each of cucumber and lemon juice.
10) Get a facial sauna by using herbs such as lemongrass, licorice root and rosebuds. Keep it in simmer, 2 to 4 tablespoons of fresh or dried herbs in 2 quarts of water. Once you see the steam cover your face over it. To entrap the steam, cover your head with a damp towel and be in that position for 15 minutes. Later wash your face with cold water and dab it dry.
Powered by Facebook Comments