“This recipe is reminiscent of my grandmother’s comfort food…” ~ Kimberly Edwards
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 1.25 hrs + 5 min
Nutrition Facts: * Please use organic ingredients whenever possible!
1 1/2 lbs Green beans – Cleaned & trimmed
2 medium White Onions – Finely diced
1 regular-sized Green Pepper – Finely chopped
1/2 Pimento Pepper – Finely chopped
~ 5 tbsp Butter
* 4 tbsp Slivered Almonds – * Optional: Sliced or Slivered
1/3 cup Bread Crumbs – Buttered (with ~ 1 tbsp melted butter)
1 tbsp Heavy Cream
Sea Salt – To taste
Freshly Cracked Black Pepper – To taste
Paprika – Sprinkled throughout
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Clean and trim green beans.
* Tip: Do not chop beans…
3. Clean & finely dice onions, chop peppers.
4. Butter an appropriate sized casserole dish.
5. Arrange alternate layers of beans (lengthwise), onions and peppers.
* Tip: Begin & end with a layer of beans.
6. Sprinkle each layer with sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper, paprika and 1 tbsp slivered almonds. Dot each layer with butter.
7. Bake covered for about 1.25 hrs or until beans are tender.
8. Prior to serving, garnish with a few slivered or sliced almonds, buttered bread crumbs and heavy cream and broil in oven for 5 min or until golden brown.
9. Serve with a wonderful meal & Enjoy!
Kimberly is the author of CookingWithKimberly.com. She has a degree in Pre-Medicine, as well as many minors, and is almost finished a Physical Education degree as well.
She has always been interested in health and the environment, and is passionate about organic living.
Kimberly also co-authors Natural-Weight-Loss-Tip.com and BlogNButter.com/health with her husband, Kenneth.
Powered by Facebook Comments