We are now transitioning to Autumn and this is the perfect time to reassess our skin care regime. As Autumn takes us from Summer into Winter, we first need to renew and recover from the aggressive elements (such as the sun, sand, and insect repellent) of summer and then prepare the skin for the colder months ahead.
In Autumn, the atmosphere is dry and cooler. This makes our skin rough, dry, and dehydrated. You may also experience drab skin from summer aftermath.
To help you prepare for Autumn, we’ve put together our top tips for healthy skin:
- Moisturize while you cleanse. After a long summer of sun exposure, one of the best ways to prepare the skin for the cooler Autumn weather is to make sure it’s fully hydrated. It is advisable to switch to a creamier, gentle, non-clogging cleanse that will add extra moisture and protect your skin from environmental aggression.
- Exfoliate weekly. After a summer of sea, sand and sun exposure, it is good idea to give your skin a fresh start for Autumn. To effectively remove dead skin cells and leave the skin silky smooth and radiant, exfoliate weekly. We recommend oily-based scrub so that you are getting the exfoliating benefits with the extra bonus of hydrating oils.
- Moisturize every day. As the weather gets colder, the wet and windy conditions can easily cause damage to the skin, leaving it feeling much more sensitive than usual. The best time to apply your moisturizer is right after a shower. Seal in the moisture that’s already absorbed into your skin.
- Fix summer damage with weekly treatment. Warm sun makes summer enjoyable but exposure to the sun’s rays can cause pigmentation and also premature ageing. Autumn is a good time to give your skin some relief from the effects of the summer sun and repair any skin damage with nourishing, restorative serums.
- Use sunscreen. Just because summer is over, it doesn’t mean you can for go your sunscreen. You should continue protecting your skin against damaging UV rays. Use daily a sunscreen with a minimum SPF15, and remember to re-apply every 2 hours.
When the seasons change, you will notice your skin type changes as well. Watch your skin as the weather turns cold and see if you need to change your skin care products and switch them accordingly.
One last tip, besides slathering products onto your skin, don’t forget to stay hydrated by drinking at least 8 glasses of water per day and eat your greens!
you may also like...
Powered by Facebook Comments