This is the world’s simplest dessert! Strawberries dipped in chocolate…. It’s sheer indulgence.
As Valentine’s Day is approaching, the chocolate strawberries dessert can help you to set the mood for romance.
Chocolate is considered as the most powerful aphrodisiacs. Chocolate has long been thought to help improve libido and was given as an offering by the Aztecs to the God of Fertility.
Chocolate contains substances called Phenylethylamine and Seratonin, both of which (put simply), are mood lifting agents found naturally in the human brain. They are released into the nervous system by the brain when we are happy and when we are experiencing feelings of love, passion or lust.
Strawberries on the other hand is also a natural aphrodisiacs. Strawberries gained their reputation as an aphrodisiac due to their large number of tiny seeds symbolizing fertility. In art and literature, the strawberry was usually portrayed as a symbol of sensuality and earthly desire and has been described as fruit nipples.
Strawberries contain more vitamin C than any other berry. They also contain a good amount of potassium, folic acid and some iron and fibre. So strawberries can aid in boosting an otherwise lacklustre libido by providing essential vitamins and minerals needed to supply energy and keep the fires burning.
Chocolate Strawberry Dessert Recipe
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 pint fresh strawberries with leaves
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, or in the top of a double boiler over simmering water, cook chocolate until melted. Stir occasionally until chocolate is smooth.
2. Holding berries by the stem, dip each one in molten chocolate, about three-quarters of the way to the stem.
3. Place, stem side down, on wire rack and chill in refrigerator until hardened.
Powered by Facebook Comments